Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

"Relocating" from Astronomy.com

Scruffy

Hello, all.  Just as I was getting comfortable on the forums at Astronomy Magazine's site, they announce they are shutting their forums down.  I will continue to participate there through this coming weekend so I can participate in a virtual star party. 

Since SGL popped up first when I did a search, here I am.

I am fascinated by astronomy but have very little time to actually participate.  I hope to participate vicariously, by reading during my lunch and break times about what other people are doing.

Peace

Scruffy

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to the forum. 

It's never easy to move from one set of people to another, so please feel free to invite all your friends from A.com over here.

There are no entry requirements - they accepted me and I'm a grumpy git (please note the lack of the word "old" in that last statement; despite what my kids say).

Since SGL popped up first when I did a search, here I am

Welcome aboard Scruffy, SGL is a great place to be until the skies clear and sounds like Google are doing something right.

I too don't have much time to gaze (two young kids) and june is always a bad month for astronomy.

Ben

Welcome to SGL. Surprised they are closing the forums down!

Ant

I think most people over there were surprised and disappointed.

A couple threads got started discussing how there is so little activity. In those, some mean-spirited things were said about policy changes over the years that prompted angry-looking replies from a few moderators and a few weeks later came the announcement.

A number of people there mentioned a forum called "Cloudy Nights".

Welcome to SGL, Scruffy!

Where in Indiana? I've got a brother in Granger and a sister in Wateerloo.

Baseball fan?

Dana

I live in Lafayette, although I grew up way on the southern end of the state near a town called Tell City. I have heard of Granger and Waterloo, but I honestly don't know where they are.

I rarely get to watch any sports, so I can't say I am a baseball fan.

Peace

Archived