Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M17 Swan Nebula in Hubble Palette

Dave Smith

This as taken quite a few nights as firstly they are rather short and secondly the clouds have rolled in so the OIII and SII have been collected a few at a time.

It consists of 12 x 600s in Ha, 8 x 600s in OIII and SII through a Megrez 90 refractor and with an Atik 460EX mono camera. The Ha filter is Astrodon, the OIII and SII Baader.

M17-HST02.jpg

Dave

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nice work under difficult conditions, not a lot of dark hours just now to get good data

Agreed, although I probably get a little more than you in Glasgow. 2 hour maximum at the moment but there is also the weather, Thank you for commenting.

Dave

Thanks again Ian and thanks Chris. Maldon where I live is near the coast so no height but I do have a good Southern view. I used to have tall fir trees on my Southern border but a new neighbour came and asked whether he minded if he chopped the trees down!!! You can imagine my reaction.

Dave

That really is a beauty Dave.  It's so low down!  Personally I prefer the first process, the second has been pushed quite hard.  I've started gathering some data on this but am finding it a real struggle, nothing close to what you have managed.  Well done!

Archived