SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

newcomer

jimmythemoonlight

Although I've been on this site for quite some time I've never really told anyone a little bit about myself so here goes, my name is Jimmy and I have three children two girls and a boy I live in rainhill near prescot. The telescope I have is a skywatcher explorer 130 with several ep's i really love looking at the stars and planets especially Saturn and the moon in fact I think I'm a bit fixated on moons after seeing the four main ones of Jupiter. We have recently moved to here from huyton which is a lot better because the back garden faces east and being an end house the longest wall faces north which is a great help for setting up, I also have just erected a north facing shed to keep my base in which is very handy. From the back door I can see Ursa major with the naked eye which is very good and at certain times Cassiopeia which gives me the option to find Andromeda my favorite galaxy, so after sorting everything out after several years i am able to start looking again and hopefully find other stars and galaxies and planets fingers crossed. Well hopefully you know a little more about me feel free to ask me anything about myself or what I like doing apart from astronomy. Jimmy

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Jimmy nice to know you are here in S G L,

I live not to far away on the Wirral, hope the L P isn't to 

bad, I try not to point my scope towards Liverpool, the orange

glow is sometimes very bright, but as long as my target is fairly

high it's not to bad, nice to hear you are enjoying this great hobby,

Good Luck and Clear Sky's

A great big thank you to all you lovely people for your great replies it means so much to me looking at all of the top rate equipment you all own, and in comparison to what I own but things are coming together nicely I'm quite pleased to what I've got to what I'm going to look at and for. At this present moment in time I have seen the beautiful Orion nebula the great gas planet Jupiter and it's four moons as ever the wonderful moon and the very beautiful planet Saturn my favorite. The stars in this neck of the woods are awesome and as soon as the weather allows I shall be out like a shot with all my warm gear on and my little red torch out and my Motorola XOOM to find some dso's, as I've said before this site is the best out there and I feel priveleged to be on here and get the benefit of your knowledge and wisdom many thanks. Jimmy

Archived