Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Second Photo Attempt

My first attempt went too poorly to post the results. However, out of that attempt I learned the difference between alignment for visual observing and the accuracy needed for photography!

So here are my thoughts and results from the second attempt.

1. Celestron EdgeHD 8 with a Canon T3i attached with t-adapter.

2. used wired remote shutter switch

M5

Albireo

M11

M57

Also in an unrelated attempt I got a decent full moon shot that I stitched together the weekend before.

Moon

My thoughts:

1. shutter release - need to get this attached to eliminate the jitter or get something wireless

2. stacking!! yeah, need to do this, dark and flat frames too!

Opinions and criticisms welcome and needed!

Real nice work. Now you can move ahead and take multiple exposures of those globular clusters at about iso 400 and stack em in DSS for more detail. It will astound you what you get. Play with exposure time as to not blow out the center of them.

I would say no there at this stage of the game. I never use filters and my camera is not modded. I get what i get and work with those colors. DSS does a great job there. Simply line up the colors in luminace and then you "stretch" the mids some in photoshop to bring more detail out. Then just a bit of saturation and your done in most cases. Someday you will want a modded camera with the IR filter removed and then use filters to get the different gasses and their colors in the nebulae and in space.

Archived