SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

My First Ever LRGB CCD Image

dazza1639

I have been imaging for a while using a Canon 1000d, I have recently upgraded to an Atik One and Saturday night was the first time I've used it in anger.

Here is my first ever LRGB CCD image taken with My Atik One 6.0 with Atik GP off axis guider using an Equinox 80 with a Televue 0.8x FR/FF. The image consists of
4 No 300s luminance Subs
4 No 120s of Red Green & Blue subs.

14479800224_05131757eb_s.jpgM27 21-06-2014

I'm quite pleased with it.

Regards

Darren

Good first light.  You have a decent colour balance tending towards green rather than blue but we see quite a range on M27 so that's not a criticism.

I suspect you didn't take flats because you have a large bunny low down, right of centre? Flats do make processing easier.

If you have an Ha filter you could go after the outer shell, which is faint but possible. Use long subs if you try it.

Olly

Cheers Olly, it was just a shake down really, learning Artemis Capture and using Artemis Capture to guide, I was struggling to get the stars on the off axis guider to focus when the camera was focused. I eventually got it after several attempts at moving the prisum up and down but to stars where a funny shape. I still don't know if it was right but it seemed to guide quite well. I usually do flats but didn't on this occasion because I just wanted the subs to learn how to combine them into a colour image.

A Ha filter is on my shopping list, any advice?

I just need some long dark nights to practice, I could also do with some street light failures I live under some of the most light polluted skies in the uk as there is a flood lit driving range about 1/2 a mile away, sometimes I can't see all of the stars in the plough.

Thanks for your comment I appreciate it I love your images and all the advice you share on here

Regards

Darren

Darren

@SalAstroSoc & @astronut1639

www.salfordastro.org.uk

Hi Darren, the Baader 7Nm is a good Ha filter and not too costly. There are the exotic Astrodons, of which I have just one. The 3Nm gives great contrasts but has issues. It needs a very bright star to focus, which means, slewing off target to find one most of the time. I'd just go for the Baader at this stage.

Olly

Archived