Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

June 22, 2014: Massive prom on this SUNday morning

Just had the LS35 out, and spotted a massive arc on the eastern limb. Almost touching it is a semi-detached mass of plasma on its northern side. Near the centre of the disk a large mass of bright plage is still visible. SOme smaller proms can be seen on the western limb. Not a bad start to International SUNday.

I am still being bugged by some cloud drifting in from the North Sea, but hopefully I can set up the EQ mount and do some imaging, or maybe do some sidewalk astronomy in H-alpha and white light with the dual-mount bar

Ive Just set up Michael, great sights in Ha some great proms this morning, there are some more developing on the north of the disc :smiley: Not much happening on the white light front though :shocked:

Still going Strong here, some great views with the 9mm SLV on the proms they sure are putting on quite a display :smiley:

I do love this eyepiece for Ha it really has fantastic clarity / contrast, the 6mm is equally as good for white light observing through the equinox :shocked:

I am glad I stayed at home today :grin:

Archived