SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

2nd Scope Choice

Hi,

I am currently using my SW200P. I invested in a better mount last year NEQ6 Pro Mount. I am now looking at getting a second scope. Appreciate any comments people may have on the following.

Budget is £650 - £1000 max, prefer the lower figure :)

Scopes I am considering are Skywatcher Evostar 80 ED DS Pro, Skywatcher Evostar 100 ED DS Pro or Meade Series 6000 ED 80 but am open to suggestions. Also looked at Skywatcher 300PDS , but have concerns about the size of this, have the space to keep its just setting it up on my own that could be a problem.

Any Comments be appreciated.

I

My first thoughts are, go for the 100ED, but i have to ask what use the second scope would get, if your thinking deep sky imaging then it would be the ED80, if more visual then the 100ED,   the 300p ds would be a right handful on the EQ mount, if you were thinking a big newt for visual then consider a dobsonian

Same question from me really, what are you hoping to do with the second scope that the 200p doesn't do? If we know this then it will be easier to give ideas :-)

Cheers,

Stu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Guys. Think you have convinced me the 80ED is way to go. This will leave few quid to get a QHY5L-ii to us on guide scope.(St80 already have) and give a go at DSLR. Should I get a the reducer for the 80ED and how exactly does this work?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived