Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi from Ipswich

oasi chairman

It all looks quite quiet on here! To introduce myself I am chairman of the Orwell astronomical society in Ipswich and also a member of the dash astro society in darsham. Saying that I have only been into astronomy for 2 years so its been a steep learning curve! My main interest is astrophotography (an even steeper learning curve! !)

Anybody in the suffolk area who wants to know more about either club please get in touch.

Chairman@oasi.org.uk

Not sure about the lots of knowledge bit! As I said I am a complete novice compared to some. Being in a club helps speed up the learning though. Don't know where you are but if you can get along to one of our events come and say hello. Check out www.oasi.org.uk.

• 1 year later...

It all looks quite quiet on here! To introduce myself I am chairman of the Orwell astronomical society in Ipswich and also a member of the dash astro society in darsham. Saying that I have only been into astronomy for 2 years so its been a steep learning curve! My main interest is astrophotography (an even steeper learning curve! !)

Anybody in the suffolk area who wants to know more about either club please get in touch.

Chairman@oasi.org.uk

Hi,

I'm from Sudbury and I'm thinking of joining a 'hands on' club. I've been to Cavendish and they're great but only support non active meetings and talks.

So, I'm torn between Ipswich and North Essex - distance may be a factor but I'm 30 miles away so not too bad.

My interest lies with astrophotography and I'm just in the very early stages of learning how to take DSOs.

Do you have any taster events planned at the club which may give me an idea?

Thanks

Kevin

Hi and welcome to SGL :)

I've been down the Orwell a few times over the years, it's always nice to see the Tomline refractor you guys have :) I've never joined the club but my father in law has been a long standing member so I sometimes tagged along at open days to try and help out, plus gork at the big frac.

I'm not sure my father in law goes as often at the moment, but he used to be very involved as treasurer for 15 years, do you know Mike Nicholls?

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I'm from Sudbury and I'm thinking of joining a 'hands on' club. I've been to Cavendish and they're great but only support non active meetings and talks.

So, I'm torn between Ipswich and North Essex - distance may be a factor but I'm 30 miles away so not too bad.

My interest lies with astrophotography and I'm just in the very early stages of learning how to take DSOs.

Do you have any taster events planned at the club which may give me an idea?

Thanks

Kevin

Kevin

Sorry, just found your post! Feel free to come along to one of our Newbourne meetings and say hello. Alternate Monday evenings, see our website for dates. We have a few keen photographers  although we are all relatively new to the game so you would fit in well. Feel free to drop me an email.  oasi_chairman@outlook.com

David Murton  (OASI chairman)

www.oasi.org.uk

Hi and welcome to SGL :)

I've been down the Orwell a few times over the years, it's always nice to see the Tomline refractor you guys have :) I've never joined the club but my father in law has been a long standing member so I sometimes tagged along at open days to try and help out, plus gork at the big frac.

I'm not sure my father in law goes as often at the moment, but he used to be very involved as treasurer for 15 years, do you know Mike Nicholls?

Chris

yes I know Mike well. He gets down regularly now.

Archived