How to fit a Focusser to 2" adapted SCT

My 10" SCT came with a revelation 10:1 SCT focusser, which I haven't used yet (as I haven't had a good session with the scope yet, let alone webcammed). I have replaced the 3.25" - SCT visual back with the AE 3.25"-2" push fit visual back, but now need a means of fitting the focusser to the scope :rolleyes: . The way I see it there are 2 options:

1. Screw the old visual back into the focusser as a permanent fixture and then, when I want to image, swap the entire VB. The benefit is a good solid fit (and I already have all the bits), but it's a bit of a faff.
  2. Buy a male SCT to male 2" adaptor and fit that to the focusser. I can then change it like any other eyepiece/diagonal. Much easier, but I don't know how solid the connection would be in comparison to 1. (http://www.firstlightoptics.com/adaptors/moonlite-smooth-bore-2-inch-to-sct-adaptor.html)

I'd like to hear any thoughts or experiences with this sort of thing.

Cheers

Adrian

Archived