Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Celestron CGEM Nextstar Hand Controller

I purchased a Celestron CGEM DX 1100 HD Telescope in April.

Last night I set up to do a 2 star alignment but as I plugged in the hand controller it failed.  All it will do is display an error message "Boot Loader  Invalid Package: 0080". 

Has anybody else come across this problem and resolved it?  I have tried all of the obvious things.

I contacted the customer service of the supplier from whom I bought the scope and they advise updating to the most recent version of the software, but is there anything else I can do?

Any advice would be very gratefully received.

DaveL

An attempt at updating would be worth a try if you are familiar with the process but if the unit is faulty and this is the first time you have used it I would expect the supplier to take it back and replace it.  

The standard solution (if it works) is as said update the software.

Celestron support say this for both the error you have and similar error ending 0002.

Celestron Support

As above, if new and from a retailer, get an up to date one from them with the latest software already in it.

Archived