Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

AS!2 ... Image Size box maximum now adjustable , thank you Emil.

Steve Ward

I've always been frustrated by not being able to stack my DSLR frames of the Moon in AS!2 because the disc is bigger than the maximum allowed box size of 2400x2400

I've just received an e-mail from Mr Kraaikamp letting me know how to adjust the "Image Size" maximum up from the 2400 x 2400 that comes as standard ...   :laugh:

Hi Steve,

You're welcome!

Yes there is, first, download the latest beta version here: www.astrokraai.nl/software/latest.html

Then after you ran the program once, and closed it, look at the resulting autostakkert.ini file and there should be two items named with max width and max height (search for width, it should find it). Here you can chance the maximum resolution displayed in AS!2. 

AS!2 is not optimized for large files, and it might run out of memory, so keep that in mind when processing (it could be best to use not the finest quality estimation or very many and very small APs).

Clear skies,

Emil

I've just downloaded the new version and made the adjustments and it works just fine , this will allow you to crop your DSLR images in PIPP to 2592 x 2592 and the use AS!2 to stack.

Some of you won't need to adjust the box , but anyone like me who Barlows their rig to get the biggest disc they can on chip will no longer have the frustration of seeing a maximum that clips all four sides of the disc.

Will also work for full disc Solar shots as well.

Archived