Heads Up TEC 140 on ABS

It's been there a while, and might be a while longer at that asking price... On the other hand someone may decide they really want one. :)

ChrisH

I thought it seemed quite a lot as well, it was on for £4750 as well only yesterday.  Olly reckons they go for about 4000 Euros normally with rings and case.

I'd buy one if our weather was a little kinder but my FSQ-85 widefield has been a rather expensive dust collector since I bought it last Nov and been used about 5 times such has been our cloudy skies of late.  Even when we have lovely sunny days it never seems to follow we have clear nights where I live.  I think i will use my RC or reduced C9.25 for a bit longer.

The scope is lovely. No question. But, here in mainland Europe, we see more of them for sale and the benchmark asking price is around 4000 euros. That's in the upper threes in pounds. I'm not coy about prices and just fess up. Mine, indistinguishable from brand new and with rings and scopeguard case, cost £3850 from a vendor in the midlands, a very nice guy indeed. I simply paid his asking price. When buying or selling it just isn't worth my while to get a name as a hard nose so I play fair both ways. I can recommend the TEC140 without reservation but the price is for those involved to sort out.

Olly

I agree that being a hard ball negotiator with our fellow astronomers, trying to get the last penny knocked off, gets you a bad reputation.  I am with you on that Olly absolutely.

I would really like that TEC, I really, really, really would.  Really i would.  I have the money burning a hole in my pocket. It would be a fitting thing to spend my late wife Yvonne's "Steve legacy money" on.  It would last forever and would be a magnificent planetary and lunar scope, great for DSO AP and I would part fund it by flogging my RC8.  But I am going to hold fire for a bit and see what happens with our weather before shelling out that kind of money only nine months after buying my Baby Q which has not been used nearly enough due to constant cloud in the UK.

Archived