Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_lunar_landings.thumb.jpg.b50378d0845690d8a03305a49923eb40.jpg

tekkydave

Arduino Ascom focuser Mark2

18 hours ago, CedricTheBrave said:

Hello all 

has anyone converted this focuser to bluetooth?

If not Robert Browns version diy focuser pro 2 runs all sorts of interfaces including BT:-) 

• Like 1

ignore me! my memory is clearly fading as i have already done the BT conversion a while ago but had completely forgotten how i did it!

now re read the thread and found my entries explaining how!

sometimes i wonder how i manage to get through the day!

• Like 1

I think I posted also here, I just put one of these cheap BT modules onto the serial and it works. Controlling by mobile or PC.

Carsten

• Like 1

Hi Carsten

Thanks for the reply. Do you have any more information on the "cheap BT modules" and how you connected it?

Many thanks Ken

15 hours ago, KRYPTON said:

Hi Carsten

Thanks for the reply. Do you have any more information on the "cheap BT modules" and how you connected it?

Many thanks Ken

Search for something like this:

Wireless-Serien 4 Pin Bluetooth RF Transceiver Modul RS232 P4L6

It is just a BT to Serial adapter.

Carsten

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Sorry to cut in on your bluetooth request (I thought Dave had put this into his project?), this may or may not be of interest.  I'm an existing user of Daves AAF2 project (which is the best Ascom focuser I have come across https://sourceforge.net/p/arduinoascomfocuser/).  And I thought you should know:-

AAF2 is now supported in StellarMate Beta (shortly to go live I suspect).  www.stellarmate.com Go to support /Misc/ Beta etc.  When adding your focuser to Ekos AAF2 should appear in the drop down (pretty much at the top!).  It all seems to work well, many thanks to Jasem Mutlaq for writing the driver, now all we need is for he weather to clear and the Moon to go down..

focuser.jpg.808656d86b22ec3e124bc85f7f84f960.jpg

AAF2 (upside down), rear side shown connected to Baader Diamond Steeeltrack.  Incorporating Nema 14 stepper, DRV8825 connected to Nano (seperate 12V supply requred)

fucuser2.jpg.f66de91fce9ba5236a38880a6487fb69.jpg

Load testing. Belts and wheels from BearingsRUs.  Fitted into a Cambdenboss 50mm box. The hole in the top there is filled with clear silicone, and shows the power status (incorporated a '12V detect' function and flash pin 13 if not there.  Temperature probe not connected here.

Edited by BlobHunter

Hi everyone

Does anyone know of an indi driver that will work with this focuser setup?
I have been using it very successfully with windows and just build another for my new 8" sct.
With the release of the rpi 4 I am seriously looking at moving stuff over to a pi for control

Any help would be great

Hi Dyfi

It's supported in StellarMate (www.stellarmate.com).

Stellarmate is an Indi based system running on Pi.  Not got a Pi 4 yet, so don't know how it will work, but assume its compatible.

• Like 1