Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC2237 Rosette in Ha... at Ice station Zebra!

SteveL

Well, another clear night, but OH MY WORD was it cold!

20080217_cold1.jpg

and I may need to rethink my dew supression system for the whole night(Dew shield specifically for the Hyperstar is on its way from Astrozap soon)

20080217_cold2.jpg

Anyway... enough of the waffle, and on to the goodies

NGC 2237 Rosette Nebula in Hydrogen Alpha

OTA: NS8GPS @ f/2 (Hyperstar v3)

Guiding: William Optics ZenithStar 66 SD + DSI-C + PHD

RGB Imaging: QHY8 + MaximDL, 32 x 600s (5 hours 20 mins at f/2!!!), Astronomik 13nm Ha

Stacked: DeepSkyStacker

Post Process: ImagesPlus + PSCS2 + Noel Carboni’s AstroTools

(Click on image for larger version)

ngc2237_rosette_ha_20080216_small.jpg

Now there is dedication for you 5 hrs worth of data on the Rosette. Great capture Steve which has brought out what must be some very faint whisp of nebulosity around is edge. Your shot reminds me why I got my set up under remote control I can remember last year getting near to hypothermic attending to the image capture on the laptop.

Regards

Kevin

Yep.

You really have the dedication and fortitude Steve. No one can ever doubt your determination to be successful mate.

A lovely detailed Rosette brought from the coldness of deep space, to the chip of the QHY8 in frozen Cambridge.

It looks glorious full sized.

Ron. :D

So that's what 5 hours of data can achieve!! 8), and pretty damn good it is too.

All without the aid of a 'warm room' :shock:, I think your are ideally suited for work in the Antartic Steve :D

Its impressive that you captured that amount of detail with the Moonlit sky, as I did a 're-run' on M81, with double the exposure time of that I used a few nights back, and the result was quite 'wishy washy', compared to the first one.

Nice work Steve.

Dave

Archived