Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Greetings

MattJenko

Hi All,

Been on SGL a while, only just realised there is a group for us Essex based sky people...

Am new to astronomy in general and I have joined NEAS and been to their observatory a few times and am now kind of properly hooked. I am doing a large equipment upgrade come July (birthday, and its quite ridiculous how excited I am about it) and while I have pretty dark skies out the back of my house, am certainly up for some group road trips and the open fields.

Cheers

Matt

Hi Matt, there's an are you going out tonight thread in the Essex bit, if we ever pop out weve started to post on there.

only decent site so far is in Margaret Roding so not too far from North Essex. Good luck with the new gear :-)

Welcome Matt, there are a few of us in Bishop's Stortford who take trips out to observe (big dobs), locally we use Hatfield Forest (OK but not a proper dark site), we also have an overnight spot in Suffolk (very dark). Let me know if you're our end of the county or if you find any good spots this way. South of Haverill should be dark but haven't identified a practical spot there....

Welcome Matt. Always nice to have additional people joining the group.  So what equipment are you thinking of...just so we can gauge the additional cloud cover that will be generated by its purchase ;-)

Thanks all for the forum welcome.The extra dodging you all will have to cope with currently is planned to be an Evostar 80ED and a C6N on an AVX mount. It is not until July so get your viewings in while you can!

Archived