SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

My unwanted new scope...

emadmoussa

I received an email today from Amazon saying my item is ready to dispatch. What?!! What Item?!

Checked and there's an order for the Celestron NexStar 8 SE Telescope...worth £1,475.98.  Oh joy!! This is the kind of scope I would never buy anyway... :) It wasn't even in my browsing history...

Turns out, my 2.5 year old placed this order along with other small items using my phone last night, and I didn't have a clue. I thought she was just playing with the apps as usual...

Bottom line, block your Amazon and Ebay accounts if your kids have access to them. Anyways, Amazon issued me a refund and should get the money back in few days! A lesson to learn.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bless! He's a chip off of the old block then, eh?  Expensive tastes though   :icon_eek: , better watch that one!

>note to self: blame two year old son next time my wife realises I've bought something inappropriately expensive   :evil6: <

Bless! He's a chip off of the old block then, eh?  Expensive tastes though   :icon_eek: , better watch that one!

>note to self: blame two year old son next time my wife realises I've bought something inappropriately expensive   :evil6: <

LOL - pretty good idea.

Bottom line, block your Amazon and Ebay accounts if your kids have access to them. Anyways, Amazon issued me a refund and should get the money back in few days! A lesson to learn.

Or just remove your Credit Card / Bank Information from there, so every time you pay you have to put it in again ;).

Not tempted then by the OOUK 300mm on Astro Buy and Sell Emad? With Hilux coatings, it will perform about as well as as a standard 14" dod.

Grrr - only a 250mm OO on ABS, but there is a SW 300mm flextube  Had me going for a moment there!

Whoops - found it the 12" F3.8 SPX  - too scarey and fast for my EP collection ;

Not tempted then by the OOUK 300mm on Astro Buy and Sell Emad? With Hilux coatings, it will perform about as well as as a standard 14" dod.

I am - but I'm kind of tied up at the moments. Sorting some business out..if it's still available I'll see what I can do.

Grrr - only a 250mm OO on ABS, but there is a SW 300mm flextube  Had me going for a moment there!

Whoops - found it the 12" F3.8 SPX  - too scarey and fast for my EP collection ;

There is an F5.3 12" OOUK for sale, I think it has slipped onto page two or three of listing.

There is an F5.3 12" OOUK for sale, I think it has slipped onto page two or three of listing.

Yes that's the same as mine, had my best views ever of Saturn through that scope. Sadly, mine hasn't been used for a long time now since moving into imaging with refractors and SCT. I was thinking of advertising mone but when I saw that one for sale thought it best to wait a bit - don't want to flood the market :)

ChrisH

Thanks Scarp - not sure how I missed this, but thanks for the steer.   Looks a monster, dwarfing that EQ6!

Archived