Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC2403 First post from a newbie

Ford Prefect

Hi everyone, finally got the courage to submit my first image. NGC2403. Any and all advice would be welcome.

cheers Jon

PS Many thanks to SteveL for his advice, equipment loan and unending patience

OTA: Celestron C-8 @ f6.3

Guiding: William Optics 72 + DSI proII mono + PHD

RGB Imaging: QHY8 + MaximDL, 13 x 300s

Stacked: DeepSkyStacker

Post Process: PSCS2 + Noel Carboni’s AstroTools

post-14336-133877337775_thumb.gif

Hi Jon

I think there's more in that image to be extracted, and P/shop or similar would be the 'tool' to do it.

However, you are off to a good start, and I look forward to seeing some more of your images 'posted' on the forum.

BTW, its really difficult to see and appreciate your image, as its just too large, even on my 19" screen. If you reduce the image size to 800x600, and save it as a jpeg, selecting high or max quality, it would be much better for those of us trying to view it.

Dave

Nice capture, and not often imaged I would imagine, at least I can not remember seeing it before.

Nice little galaxy in the Giraffe. My read about it likens it to a small version of M33 and that is a good description.

Nice job.

Ron. :D

Ah! Hello Jon, only just spotted your post (was expecting another user name :D )

As soon as I get my IDAS (SCS are saying "this week"... but they said that last week too), and I`ve done some back to back tests with the CLS, you can borrow the CLS.

Archived