SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Cosmos Volume II (U235 2013-2014 imaging video)

Uranium235

Im not holding out much hope of it being clear tonight, so I thought I would render and upload this little video ive been working on the past couple of nights.

Its basically a few of my favorite snaps to come from the 80ED and 130pds over the last 18 months, just one image is from the 314 - the rest is all 383L+. The soundtrack was written four years ago - I had another track lined up originally but this one seemed to fit so well with its moody strings.

Ive tested it on the TV and it looked pretty good in terms of colour, though the editing software was a little "dumb" as transitions and text overlays need to be inserted manually, along with its envelope and pan/zoom etc...  Rendering in 1080p also showed up how behind my processing speed is now, all 4 cores were at 100% and took about 20min for it to complete about 7000 frames... slooow! All of the images shown can be found buried here on SGL (somewhere!).

Best viewed in 720p or above:

Also, best viewed with sound as both are co-ordinated.

Thanks for looking :)

Ive got a few more tracks that might work with astro vids, its just that it may take a few years to accumulate enough images to match. I'd also like to try a very large mosaic, containing multiple targets that can be panned and zoomed about for at least 2min.

I like that!!

Nicely done, my favourite bit is the copped wide screen look on the horse and flame nebula..

Cheers Guy :)

I think the bit that catches my eye most is the rotate and zoom on the Heart nebula, but I had to be careful not to go in too close, otherwise it might not look so good on a larger display.

Cheers Guy :)

I think the bit that catches my eye most is the rotate and zoom on the Heart nebula, but I had to be careful not to go in too close, otherwise it might not look so good on a larger display.

What software are you rendering in?

What software are you rendering in?

Sony Video Vegas 8 - for anyone who has used Sony Acid, its a very familiar layout. It also builds on the Acid function of being abile to timestretch videos or audio to suit sections of your timeline - though ive always found it easier to match video to audio as fitting music to video is a time consuming business.

Not sure whether it re-wires into Cubase like its cousin Acid (never ran both together), but it seems to pick up all of my VST instruments and effects when loading.

Archived