Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello All

billy comet

Hello,

Just found this website, looks great.

Myself & a few others have recently got into star gazing, we have been up to North York's moors with telescopes, mind blowing.

I have always had an interest in astronomy and have just bought a telescope.

I would like to meet with others who have similar interests. I have looked for a local club, gathering etc & can't find any.

I have booked a village hall ( meeting details below ), free tea & coffee availabale,  all are welcome to attend to exchange info,  would appreciate anyone who is willing  to do a talk on astronomy scopes etc.    

Thanks,

Time : 7 til 9pm

Date : 26/6/14 

Location : The Village Hall ( Behind the  Church) Brompton on Swale , N'r Richmond, North Yorkshire

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Billy and welcome to SGL from another North Yorkshire based astronomer but on the east coast.

Our annual Dalby Forest star camp on the southern edge of the North York Moors National Park that is held each August (this year on the bank holiday weekend) may well be of interest to you and your fellow stargazing friends.  We have a few pitches still available.  Details at http://www.scarborough-ryedale-as.org.uk/saras/starfest/starfest-2014/.  It is attended by many astronomers, especially from across the north.

Archived