Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

** Sixpenny Handley Star Party III - 2014 **

Here we go again....

This years Sixpenny Handley Star party is on!

Dates for this year are the 5th to the 12th of October, main event is, of course, the weekend (10th, 11th and 12th). I've picked these dates to avoid the other big events on around the same time.

The booking system is the same as previous years, namely you need to book direct with the site. Remember to say you're with the 'Astronomy Lot' so they put you in the right place and possibly give you a discount. Please PM me when you book so i can keep track of numbers and names.

Church Farm Campsite - tel: 01725 552563  (website - http://www.churchfarmcandcpark.co.uk)

Site and area details attached.

Hope to see some of you there.... :smiley:

6dH info.doc

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Quick update (and bump).

A grand total of 8 people are now confirmed so far to this years event, I will publish a list once it gets a little bigger ;)

I'll be posting more frequent updates now that I'm back from hols/ill health/work comitments, etc.

Not long now....

Not sure yet, if we'll be able to come this year as we're in the process of moving to the NW Highlands of Scotland, and may not have everything sorted by then :sad: . Still, if Linda has her way a 1200 mile round trip will be on the cards :grin: :grin: ..........

If we can't make it, clear skies to everyone, and make sure you've got your dew-shields to hand!!!

all the best,

Alan

Thanks Alan, my improvised cardboard one did get quite soggy last year....

Not sure yet, if we'll be able to come this year as we're in the process of moving to the NW Highlands of Scotland, and may not have everything sorted by then :sad: . Still, if Linda has her way a 1200 mile round trip will be on the cards :grin: :grin: ..........

If we can't make it, clear skies to everyone, and make sure you've got your dew-shields to hand!!!

all the best,

Alan

• 2 weeks later...

As the astute amongst you have rightly said the moon is up during that week.

Unfortunately this was the only week I could arrange without coinciding with other astro events around that time of year and personal commitments.

But. The moon can be a fascinating thing to observe in it's own right and planetary (and solar during the day) viewing/imaging are not affected by it.

So apologies to any DSO imagers (myself included) hoping to make use of the excellently clear skies at the site. I'm taking the opportunity to use my big 'frac on the moon and planets and have a break from the computer and relax a bit.

Good times.... :bino2:

No need for red torches eh.....the moon will be providing plenty of illumination!!

We will certainly be there for a couple of days, but probably won't bring a scope due to the big bright thing in the sky.....be good to see everyone though :-)

Look forward to seeing you again Rob.

Only a few short weeks to go now so for anyone else interested in a relaxing, laid back few days in the lovely Salisbury country side there's still space for you to come and join us.

Beautiful skies, nice facilities, and good company....

Less than two weeks to go now. Getting a bit excited about it.

Looking forward to seeing those of you who are comming. It's an elite group even if it's not that big, so a good time will be had.

A quick question. Does anyone have one of those 'Star Analyzer 100' 1.25" gratings I could borrow? I'm interested in one but I'd like to try it out first before dropping a hunderd quid on one.

See you all soon.... :icon_salut:

Archived