Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

One of the Auriga clusters

blinky

I would be grateful if somebody could tell me what of the 3 Auriga clusters this is :?

Anyway the image was captured last Monday evening, it's only 3 subs as the 'scope started hitting the triod legs :D What I am chuffed with is the alignment, this was 3X 1 Min unguided subs and the Stars look more or less round to me. For 3 mins of data I think it's not too bad :lol: I also never took any darks as I thought the little data I had was useless :D

3851_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Thanks for the comments Rog. I did another stack in DSS and used the Kappa Sigma Clipping one (Means nothing to me!) and whilst it was stacking the angle offsets were only 0, 0 and 0.1 but when using the normal combine option the offsets were all 0.1. I suppose I just need to keep an eye on this in future.

Nice open cluster Craig, the Auriga bunch can be confusing and sometimes difficult to Identify when you seem them in Isolation.

I am going to plump for M38, which is not as dense as M37. .

Anyway, it's a good shot of whichever one it is.

Ron. :D

Archived