Narrowband

Oh dear!

JB80

Cheers all.

My wife said straight away that we have to order another one today. Bless her, not sure she knows it's a 375 euro replacement though.

what a girl !!!

Not good but these things do happen, last time out i dropped my 5mm ortho, just a small mark on the chrome barrel but i pride myself on looking after things, especially my ortho babies 

As my fiend from north of the border would say Oooooooh Noooooooo. Sorry to see that Jarrod, I have dropped all sorts of kit on the floor and always got away with it.

Robin

Cheers all!

To be honest I am surprised I have gone this long without any major catastrophes. Normally I am careful enough but this time I let the scope slip and the end tapped a table and the filter cell popped off.

Alexandra, no it was my Baader D-ERF on the PST mod. :embarrassed:

I could be tempted for a wedge though to go on the 90mm frac. Hmm, better not just yet though.

In retrospect Jarrod, do you think some sort of lanyard attaching the D-ERF to the OTA would have prevented this, or do you think it would just be an additional liability?

James

James, that is certainly a possibility, I have not thought about that before.

I don't think it would be a liability but there would of been the chance that it could of just swung underneath and still smashed on the table, then again there would be a much better chance of it surviving as well. I wouldn't want it to be on a huge piece of string/leather/whatever. Just a couple of inches should be enough.

Well the replacement has been ordered so hopefully by the end of the week it will be here, but more importantly I also ordered a SW 114P and first solar filter for our oldest son, he will be 5 in a week or so and it seems like a good first little scope for him.

Not so grumpy now. :D

Archived