SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Excellent seeing on South Coast

Of late, whenever the sky is decently clear the moon is out :sad:. Last night though I had some excellent views of Saturn over the rooftops. It is not very often that I can go up to 216x without loss of contrast. A night to remember: sustained views of the Cassini division and some surface features were visible. Not bad for such a measly altitude. It did get very dewy though...

Better luck then here. Clear sky almost all day and I was looking out at 10:20 and it was clear. Thought Goody, will leap in car in half an hour and visit a darkish location with the small scope

Looked out at coming up to 11:00 and the moon was a bit blurry.

The sky had nice bands of cloud across it, Altocumulus I think, possibly Cirrocumulus.

They were still there at 12:30, so went to sleep.

Woke this morning to a clear blue sky, with just the odd big fluffy lump (Cumulus) up there.

Had a really good session last Thursday night with clear skys and good seeing. Tried again on Saturday night and although it was clear the seeing was really bad, some objects were actually appearing and disappearing as I was viewing them.

Andrew

Saturday night from c10pm to midnight was excellent. Although not dark the skies were very clear and I enjoyed excellent views of the Moon and Saturn in particular. The 8mm BST was used a lot more than normal, one of those rare occasions when I wished I had more magnification. Mars was also very good considering the nearby Moon.

Archived