SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Horse head and Flame Nebula to cheer myself up

CELESCOPE

Well after a horrid day yesterday , i had to go out tonight to get some confidence back, make sure the guiding was ok , the moon sat high very near ole Horsey , so popped in the HA 6nm filter, got to 8 subs ,the went to the Shed to get a ruler to measure the Dome opening . turned on the light and that was it USB ERROR came up , let it run for 2 more subs , but it never downloaded so ended up with just 8x10 min subs , called it a night , packed up ,and here is the result , not my best effort by any means , but happy i got an image .

Cheers

Rog

:D

3840_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

I just don't know how the hell you could possibly contemplate giving this up Rog.

I think the Lord of the Cosmos would be upset mate.

There are some brilliant imagers in our gang mate, but you is da bossman. Don't stop giving us stuff like this.

Ron. :D

Looks good to me. Guiding etc looks spot on. Please keep on posting as often we image the same things and I usually compare mine to yours to see the areas I can make improvements. I recon you must be well "cheered up" after producing such a good image.

John

That is another great image Rog with lots of detail in the streams of light in the ionisation front. Looks like you were much less affected by moon glow than I was with a 13mm Ha doing a close up HH on the same night. I think that 6nm filter is worth thinking about for moonlit nights

Archived