Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_lunar_landings.thumb.jpg.b50378d0845690d8a03305a49923eb40.jpg

Astroblagger

ASI 120mm picture break up??

Iv just received my ASI120mm mono cam, just trying it out and the playback through sharp cap seems to break up every so many frames? Anyone have a similar problem?? It's like I get interference flash up every few seconds?

I haven't had that problem but it sounds like the camera might be faster than the connection (or something similar). I haven't had a problem using that camera with the firecapture software though.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Just tried it on my 2 year old desk top it runs flawlessly, my laptop has a 1.7Ghz processor I thought this would fast enough?

try using firecapture, new version, download it then check on the updates in the options and click update for the latest version, it has a usb traffic option which allows you to slow down the amount of usb traffic, if it`s high then the picture freezes.

other option is to lower the frame size so it`ll download faster, 

i`m the other way round, it doesn`t like my hp micro tower desktop pc but flies on the old Dell D610 laptop.

slowing USB traffic setting down has cured any problems i have in the past as well, it is typically set at 55-60% for my set up.

Thanks for the advice will try that, had it down to the smallest window, was getting 170 odd frames per sec, impressive stuff!

Just downloaded fire capture it's abit clear as mud to operate compared to sharp cap, where abouts is this option for reducing the USB traffic?? Can seem to find it?

should be in the middle of the top control window, you might need to click on one of the settings icons to expand it