Hello from Sunderland

matt-c

I've been browsing here for a while and this forum ( a truly invaluable fountain of knowledge) has helped me become obsessed, so since I have a new toy (skytracker v2) arriving in the post tomorrow  I thought it would be polite to say hello since I've been a member  since 31 May 2012 and never posted once :eek:  (awful I know)
so apologies in advance for the terrible weather. :p 

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Matt and welcome to the best astro forum around. Although I am not a member there is a great astro club in Sunderland and I am sure there will be someone from SAS replying soon.

Enjoy your stargazing from another NE astro nut.

Robin

hi matt and welcome.i am a member of sunderland astro society,we have an obs at washington wetlands,meet every thursday,then second and third sunday of the month.why not pop along.we do both visual and photography good mixture of  both.

ken.

hi matt and welcome.i am a member of sunderland astro society,we have an obs at washington wetlands,meet every thursday,then second and third sunday of the month.why not pop along.we do both visual and photography good mixture of  both.

ken.

I might just do that I hadn't even thought to look for an astronomy club. Thanks alot

Hi and glad that you've got your mojo and are now getting involved. This is an informative place, as you've found out, so much to keep you occupied when it's cloudy - Just as well really :grin:

Look forward to seeing you around :smiley:

Hello Matt, I'm in Washington, and a committee member of the SAS. From September to May, we meet at the Wetlands Centre in Washington on the second and third Sunday of the month. The second Sunday is a workshop night, to sort out equipment, observe, chat etc, and is an informal night. The third Sunday is a lecture night with guest speakers. The observatory is also open on a Thursday evening for the public, and it is another opportunity to chat and tinker with scopes.

During the Summer, there is no lecture night, but the workshop night on the second Sunday continues from June through to August. I'm sure the Thursday night public opening continues, although with the light nights, there's only really the Moon to observe and chatting.

We also have a text message service to alert members of events and observing at our Dark Site at Derwent.

Hope to see you there soon.

Hello from South Shields! Check out the Sunderland astro group on Facebook, most members are on here too but their a great local bunch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived