Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

oaCapture 0.0.6 beta for Linux and OSX

JamesF

Not that there was any doubt (it's based on Mint) but confirmed working on Distro Astro 2.0 "Pallas".  It may be worth seeing if you can get it installed by default as their new version is out soon and they are only currently packaging wxAstrocapture as far as i can tell.

http://www.distroastro.org/

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you, Stu.

Perhaps I should get in touch with the Distro Astro people.  I have a feeling they'll want something that packages up as a .deb which I don't have right now, but I have been trying to plan what I might do when I'm on holiday next month and getting everything sorted so it will package up properly as a .deb or .rpm is quite tempting.  Would certainly make it much easier to install.

I've been dragging my heels a bit with the next release, mostly because work is quite hectic (30th June deadline to meet :) and the weather at least has been good enough for me to be getting out catching up on months worth of rain-delayed jobs.  It is now ready and adds support for Imaging Source cameras on OSX as well as the Firefly MV on both Linux and OSX.  Hopefully many FireWire cameras and the Point Grey Chameleon and the Atik GP should work (again on both OSX and Linux), but I don't have those to test.

I shall try to get everything sorted tonight.  Or perhaps I'll fire up the barbie and sit outside with a beer or two.  It's a tough life, developing software :D

James

I've been dragging my heels a bit with the next release, mostly because work is quite hectic (30th June deadline to meet :) and the weather at least has been good enough for me to be getting out catching up on months worth of rain-delayed jobs.  It is now ready and adds support for Imaging Source cameras on OSX as well as the Firefly MV on both Linux and OSX.  Hopefully many FireWire cameras and the Point Grey Chameleon and the Atik GP should work (again on both OSX and Linux), but I don't have those to test.

I shall try to get everything sorted tonight.  Or perhaps I'll fire up the barbie and sit outside with a beer or two.  It's a tough life, developing software :D

Now that sounds familiar.. software development is a hard life.. :D

post-9952-0-63289300-1403547593_thumb.jp

Archived