Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Oiii or UHC filters... Do they add or take away in white light...?

Fozzie

Just a thought... I'm just looking with the astrozap and saw the two filters looking up at me from the EP case... Tried both, for the interest of it.. Swear the UHC makes a difference..

Do either actually help?

They certainly help with contrast in whitelight , not as pronounced as a Continuum but close.

I use an OIII along with the Baader ND3.8 Solar film for my full disc imaging and wouldn't remove it from the rig now for love nor money ...  :grin:

I have not tried a UHC in white light mainly because of the other filters that are used (with the Herschel wedge).

I have used one when viewing the Moon and it has quite a nice effect, albeit a little green :smiley:

I tried them both as they are both in the same kind of region of the spectrum as a Continuum , I already had them in the box , and I wasn't prepared to spend £100.00 on a 2" Continuum on the off-chance of a slight improvement ...  :p

Archived