Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Mars. - It's still possible to get results! 30th May 2014.

Barv

I shot this one last night before the Saturn shots and quite frankly I couldn't believe it when this one came through on the screen. The height of it obviously made a huge difference and I wished I'd have had those conditions when it was a bit closer!

Regards Harvey

post-32779-0-25773000-1401570717.png

currently running 20,000 frame captures and its not even dark skies yet

though I doubt mine are the same quality as yours

Thanks for the compliment Oldpink. I shot 37000 when shooting this at 125FPS. Reduce the roi down to 320X240 and shoot without the de-bayer. Put the colour in afterwards, (it will allow you to shoot faster). 

Regards

Harvey

my ASI is managing to average 183 frames a second at 320 x 240
the screen is showing surface detail but Mars is dancing a bout a lot just now, but should get some decent images

going by what I'm seeing in the live footage

did you use the ASI

If so how do you do the shoot without de-bayer and add colour later
I'd love to try that

If you use Firecapture, on the right of the screen is a list of options. Highlight the one that says debayer on it and your monitor will show the image in black and white. If you run it through PIP afterwards you can put the debayer back in.

Cheers Harvey

Very nice indeed. I assume that was taken with the C11. Nice to compare your higher resolution image with my effort, so I can confirm many features present in my image. It also gives me some aperture fever of course ;)

Yes, it was taken with the C11 Michael. Regards Harvey

Archived