Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Vixen SLV Eyepiece Report: 6mm, 12mm and 20mm

John

7 hours ago, John said:

I guess a current SLV owner might be able to answer your question and possibly post a photo of the top of an SLV with the eye cup in it's lowest position

Here's one...

20170924_220618_HDR-600x1067.thumb.jpg.ea0c6b4cf85e4f6d58aa00ea4cf42c1c.jpg

I use them with glasses ok.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

John, if you could return to your discussion of close to five years ago, did you have any thoughts (or did you post any I missed) on how well the Vixen Lanthanum LV performs in cold weather?  Seems, I'd heard a rumor or two suggesting that their EP was challenged by low temps. By cold temps, I still mean above freezing.   Thanks!

Hi Craig,

Sorry I missed your post.

I don't recall having used a Vixen LV in cold weather so I can't really comment specifically.

Generally speaking with all the eyepieces that I've owned and used, with the exception of some designs fogging occasionally if they get cold, I've not noticed any cold conditions issues with them.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello John;
I am a Spanish fan and I have joined this forum to learn.
I intend to purchase a planetary specific eyepiece and I have been reading reviews of the Vixen SLVs and I would like to use them with the X2 and X3 Explorer Barlom Teleextender to have a wider X play with them.
Currently I have in my possession the entire series of the scientific explorer of 82º 4.7mm, 6.7mm 8.8mm 11mm 14mm 18mm 24mm and 30mm.
But I want to have a specific planetary eyepiece to get something more in definition and contrast.
My telescope is 16 "F4.5.
My question is;
Is there a problem using it with the explorer X2 and X3 barloms teleextender?
Do these eyepieces work well with barlom?
I guess they work better than getting a longer focal length.
Greetings and thanks.
J.Tapioles

P1040639.jpg

• Like 1