SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello all. I ve joined the Dob Mob

Hi all. I took delivery of my Sky watcher 200p Dob today. Easy to assemble and I even managed to align the finder before the rain came on.

From the forecast it could be some time before it sees first light and I warn you all be prepared from a barrage of questions from the newest member of the "club". Thanks are due to FLO for their help and wonderful service.

First light report to follow.

Welcome to the world of continual nudging. I must say, I joined nearly 2 years ago and it has been wonderful. Seen so much compared to my equatorial mounted scope I had before. Not as bad as I thought it would be, seen some great detail on Mars and been able to track it and draw for long periods of time with no real effort. don't think I'd ever go back to equatorial now!

From a fellow new 200p owner, welcome. Only used mine twice but enjoyed both outings! Weather forecast is bad at present so may be sometime before viewing again but look forward to hearing your first light experience.

Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well done on your choice of scope!

It is NOT a major setback to have to nudge the scope when things go towards the outer reaches of the fov, I have kept up with satallites and even the ISS for more than a minute! Trick is to know how much tension to put on or take off.

super scope and even though i have afew scopes its the dob that gets the most use. Second moonshane with the red dot finder, and the chair, I use an old ironing chair for the purpose, as my dobs a little taller.

Archived