Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Al Nagler of Tele Vue contacted me about my 21mm Ethos and Delos eyepieces reviews!‏

DirkSteele

I have posted links on SGL to a few reviews on my little astro-website (alpha-lyrae.co.uk) over the last couple of months, two of which are eyepiece reviews.  The first was the Tele Vue 21mm Ethos and just recently a review the Tele Vue Delos eyepieces (4.5mm, 10mm and 14mm).  I know a good number of SGL members have read them and I hope you found them interesting. 

Two weeks ago, Al Nagler , founder and CEO of Tele Vue stumbled across the reviews and read them.  He then contacted me to ask if Tele Vue would be able to quote them on their website.  Feeling just a little bit honoured that he considered my ramblings interesting enough for that.

The content has now gone live on the Tele Vue site and my words sit alongside those from Astronomy Now and Sky & Telescope et.al on the reviews page for each eyepiece.  Quite proud to be among reviews from publications I have been reading for almost 20 years.

Here is a screen grab from the Tele Vue home page.

post-24651-0-16883100-1401228247_thumb.j

If anyone has not come across the reviews in the SGL members’ equipment reviews section and you are interested to have a read, both links below.

http://alpha-lyrae.co.uk/2014/05/04/televue-delos-eyepiece-review/

http://alpha-lyrae.co.uk/2014/02/26/televue-ethos-21mm-review/

Clear Skies,

Nice one Matthew, your reviews are beauifully put together and it is only right that they appear on a site like TV's. I personnal think the reports that I have read in magazines are poor by way of comparison they could do well to read a few of yours there is just no emmotion in any of them. well done.

Alan

Congratulations and a great honour to be contacted by Al himself, did you ask him to send you some free stuff? ;)

Haha...It was reward enough just him reading my thoughts about his company's products and then taking the time to contact me and saying he found them very engaging reads and would like permission to use extracts on the Tele Vue website.  I never imagined that would happen when I wrote them.

Matthew what a wonderful accolade to be acknowledge by Al Nagler. I have read your reviews and they are very professional and honest so all credit to you for the work. You must be very pleased and proud.

Thank you.  I have been smiling a lot over the last couple of weeks and feeling rather good.

That's really cool, as soon as I read your review on the 21mm Ethos a few months back I bookmarked it, very well written and informative....one of these days I might even make my mind up as to which longer focal length EP I will buy....the internal debate rages on!! :)

That is assuming of course that I ever get to use it... :rolleyes:

Nice one! Your review of the Delos proved to be the final straw... Having read several other Delos reviews, including those you mentioned from the magazines, your positive words then led me to buy the 10mm Delos. Weather and real life means I have not used it much yet but the few views I have do far... Wow what an eyepiece.

Archived