SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

FLO - SkyProdidgy 130 at £395????

Hi,

Browsing FLO I came across this

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/celestron-skyprodigy/celestron-skyprodigy-130.html

Harrison Telescopes also had ( also Sold Out) it at the same price.    This seems about 50% of it's usual price.  Normally I'd put it down to some dodgy pricing on an item they cannot supply but don't think FLO  would do that sort of thing being 'straight up' people with a good rep. 

Does anyone know what's been going on?  TBH at that price I'd snap one up to take on camping hols etc. when the fancy 'aligning / finding' electronics would be worth it as I don't want to spend time doing it myself.  I'll save that for at home with the Dob. 

I see Bristol Cameras have it 'Available to Order' at £479 as do a couple of other retailers I've never heard of.  

Normally I understand the 6" SCT is the better scope in this range but if the 130 were a real bargin.....

Browsing FLO I came across this

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/celestron-skyprodigy/celestron-skyprodigy-130.html

Harrison Telescopes also had ( also Sold Out) it at the same price.    This seems about 50% of it's usual price.  Normally I'd put it down to some dodgy pricing on an item they cannot supply but don't think FLO  would do that sort of thing being 'straight up' people with a good rep. 

Does anyone know what's been going on?  

The Celestron Sky Prodigy 130 clearance ended because all UK stock has sold and our website displays 'Unavailable' because Celestron no longer offer this model in the UK. They reasoned the combination of the separate StarSense AutoAlign accessory (released after the Sky Prodigy) and the NexStar 130 SLT telescope offers a more flexible package with a similar or better specification plus the benefit of being able to use the StarSense with the next Celestron telescope when upgrading. So the 130 SLT/StarSense combo is a better buy. I think the same is true of the Sky Prodigy 90 but that model wasn't in clearance. 

HTH :smiley:

Steve 

Thx all.  I had thought I'd respoinded on my phone but not showing here so will again thank those who pointed me in the right direction.  I had looked at the Sponsor Announcements thread but not gone back far enough - sorry for wasting peoples time.  We were v v short of funds at the start of the year and expected that to continue so it didn't stick with me at the time, but in some ways sadly we are inheriting some funds so 'nice to have's' are once again possible.

Steve - thx, will be in touch via your email system.

Archived