Amazing star trails by Justin Ng

Davey-T

most likely multiple layers
the background would be done first most likely using a rotate function to drag out points of colour
then add in the foreground as needed, it may look spectacular but PS can do some amazing things with very little effort

a couple of years ago I was trained up as a Adobe software tester where we had to learn to use the functions
the instructor took 5 pictures, one of a swimmer, a road through a desert, some vultures, cactus trees and merged them into

the swimmer swimming up the road circled by vultures and some strategic cactus placed to cover some of the merges
when it was finished you would swear it was just a single picture

this is a great example of multiple layer imaging

18.jpg

The spiral effect is created by zooming the lens between the multiple exposures using a motor drive and then blending the images with a foreground. At a very dark site it could be achieved with a single long exposure and foreground blend

If linked correctly and credit given it shouldn't be a problem, then again I'm no lawyer. :D

His pics are stunning, I love the bold colours too. I'm sure I have read it's just boosted in PS.

Very nice, thanks for posting it.

The spiral effect is created by zooming the lens between the multiple exposures using a motor drive and then blending the images with a foreground. At a very dark site it could be achieved with a single long exposure and foreground blend

Thanks, I was wondering how he got the trails like that, it looks like a vortex.

Archived