SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

My first complete solar picture.

olawelin

This is my first picture with the new Lunt 80 Ha that i picked up on a roadtrip in Arizona.

Camera is a Skyris 274M, had an old 2x Barlow that I intend to replace.

6 pictures for the surface and 3 for prominences.

I took around 3000 frames for each picture, used 50% of them in registax, is this enough or do I need more??

Seeing was not great.

//Ola

post-9411-0-74214200-1400749853_thumb.jp

Wow! very nice indeed :) :) :)

Perhaps overkill on the images though, I usually take around 1000 images and stack the best 10%.

Alexandra

Ok thanks!

That will save me some time and disk space :laugh:

Great first solar shot, Ola, fantastic colours! :)

I think I can see some kind of echo of details, mostly in the top part, though it still looks really good anyway. Maybe that is to do with the mosaic, as Michael says?

Nice result. What mosaicing software do you use, I have a feeling that I am seeing some artefacts from the mosaicing process

I tried one called autostitch, any other recommendations would be appreciated, thanks.

//Ola

I use the scripts function in Photoshop to do my mosaics.

If there's not enough overlap for PS to do it automatically then I do it manually using the move tool and layers

I use the scripts function in Photoshop to do my mosaics.

If there's not enough overlap for PS to do it automatically then I do it manually using the move tool and layers

Archived