Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from oldannie in Mid-Wales.

oldannie

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello,

Like you I am fairly new to Astrophotography which can be as simple or complex as you like.You are right in that research is the answer,but getting out there and doing it with whatever equipment you have is the best way to learn.Your camera and lenses are good and you can do a lot with that.Hold back from spending until you are completely sure what you want,the hobby can be extremely expensive and mistakes easily made,but I would suggest that the mount is all important,buy the best one you can afford,you can use it for both telescopes and cameras and it will last you years.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Annie and welcome to SGL, have you considered going down the Astrotrack route to use your cameras for AP as an alternative to buying a mount / telescope at some time in the future ?, whatever you do enjoy :)

Hello and welcome to the forum. :) 

You probably also know this ....It will also be important to learn how to process the images in your favorite program. I also started with a Camera/Lens setup and getting rid of skyglow was a little intimidating at first.  My first images of stars looked like flying sausages.  :) 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Annie , Welcome to the best place, when your starting out, and need a little advice. You'll find everyone very Helpful and Friendly. Enjoy your new Hobby, it's Fantastic!!.

Clear Skies. ;)

Archived