SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello from oldannie in Mid-Wales.

oldannie

I'm very new to both astronomy and astrophotography so it's going to be a steep learning curve (at my age it's going to have to be!!).  Am not new to photography and initially hope to explore what I can do with my Nikon D600, 50mm f1.4 lens, 17-35mm f2.8 and 300mm f2.8 lens and teleconverters providing up to 600mm focal length.  I'm intending to do a lot of research and learning during the summer months with a view to buying an EQ mount in the winter, possibly an HE Q5 Pro Synscan and getting used to that before venturing into a telescope.  At this stage my interest lies in the solar system.  Looking forward to being party of the forums and making some progress but no doubt will be asking lots of questions!  Any advice will always be welcome.

Cheers

Annie

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Annie and welcome to SGL - You have a good lens combo there for some wide field and also nebula images. I think that's probably where your forte would lie with this line up. Have a look at StuartJPP's images. He uses a camera lens on an Astrotrac and his images are superb, I think the best DSLR images out there.

The HEQ5 is an excellent mount for starters - If you think that you will be more interested in DSO imaging, then can I recommend the book 'Making Every Photon Count' from the book section of the FLO site. It really is an imagers bible, but won't cover solar system so much.

Look forward to seeing you around :smiley:

Hi Anne,

Welcome to SGL

being from Mid Wales you may be interested in joing the South Wales group here on SGL.

You will find us in the Social Groups link

We try to meet once a month at Blaenavon our dark site.

Pat

Archived