My latest acquisitions

avtaram

Recently I've acquired the Meade 24mm UWA and the Delos 14mm and today the Nagler T4 17mm arrived. Haven't had a decent clear night for ages and according to the forecast this trend is set to continue. Can't wait to use these eyepieces in good seeing conditions and not just dodging between the clouds.

.post-30866-0-94523900-1400592065_thumb.j.

Avtar

That's a nice looking collection, The meades UWAs are some seriously sized whoppers, but I like the deisgn styling, not that it should matter much :smiley: .  I wonder how many BGOs you could store in that meade, it would almost work as a case :grin:

That's a nice looking collection, The meades UWAs are some seriously sized whoppers, but I like the deisgn styling, not that it should matter much :smiley: .  I wonder how many BGOs you could store in that meade, it would almost work as a case :grin:

:D that reminds me of seeing the guy at telescope house bringing a 30mm UWA out from round back of the shop. I though he was bringing in some new shoes the box was so big. :grin:

The meade is a heavy eyepiece but it doesn't upset the balance of the Dob, which is surprising.

I have an Ikea magnetic knife rack wrapped in several layers of flocking material that I had left over which I can slide up and down the tube should the need arise.

Avtar

:D that reminds me of seeing the guy at telescope house bringing a 30mm UWA out from round back of the shop. I though he was bringing in some new shoes the box was so big. :grin:

.post-30866-0-74814700-1400597510_thumb.j

Avtar

Either the eyepieces are huge. Or the sofas are tiny! :-)

It's dolls house furniture - it's an old trick to make eyepieces look larger in photos.

Nobody in their right mind would actually want to own eyepieces that are 10" tall and weigh nearly 2 lbs  :grin:

Nice eyepieces Avtar - the Meade 5000 UWA's remind me of a jellyfish in some odd way :smiley:

It's dolls house furniture - it's an old trick to make eyepieces look larger in photos.

Nobody in their right mind would actually want to own eyepieces that are 10" tall and weigh nearly 2 lbs  :grin:

Nice eyepieces Avtar - the Meade 5000 UWA's remind me of a jellyfish in some odd way :smiley:

I did study Technical Photography at Wednesbury School of Photography and passed with credit.

Avtar

Archived