SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

let me see your grab and go set up

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is my most portable setup. It's a Vixen ED102SS F/6.5 refractor on an AZ-4 mount, here pictured in white light solar viewing mode. I've owned a few scopes with smaller apertures but I find 102mm / 4" is where the views start to get interesting rather than just nice.

post-118-0-90183400-1400538435_thumb.jpg

I've set myself up so that I can just push this out the door and I'm ready to go in about 5 minutes.

That even makes a telrad and  2 inch focuser look so small and insignificant on a scope.  The only two grab and go items on it.  :smiley:

I have several grab and go setups, this is the lightest. I can literally pick up the entire setup with my little finger. Wouldn't carry it that way.  :smiley: It's a 90 mm f5 refractor on a TeleVue Telepod on a Gitzo 3 series carbon fiber tripod.post-11567-0-34489200-1400716709_thumb.j

I have several grab and go setups, this is the lightest. I can literally pick up the entire setup with my little finger. Wouldn't carry it that way.  :smiley: It's a 90 mm f5 refractor on a TeleVue Telepod on a Gitzo 3 series carbon fiber tripod.attachicon.gif

Nice! That's an Astro-physics Stowaway?  Possibly the rarest 'non-zeiss' refractor on the planet?

Archived