SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Spc900 drivers?

Ok, a little while ago I plugged my spc into my laptop and an "installing drivers" dialogue came up. Guess what? Yup it no longer works with Sharpcap lol. Now this didn't really bother me because I've been looking at getting a DMK anyway, BUT, I've just read in Sky at Night magazine about the triple shadow event on Jupiter on June 3 and I want to have a crack at that..... I don't get paid until June 15! Aaarrrggh! So the question I want to ask is, where can I download the drivers I need to bring my spc back to life for one last party.

Help please.

Dave.

Nope didn't work :( I guess it might not be official Phillips software? Of course it could just be that my cam is dead. No worries in the big scheme of things, particular as it'll probably be cloudy on June 3 but worth a try.

Hmm, that's odd, I'm using the driver from spc900nc_00_dxp_eng driver.zip from the same site Oily linked to. Seems to work on both XP and Win7. Perhaps it's some other issue with Windows drivers or USB?

Joe

Certainly worth trying on another machine if you can, or if you're feeling brave downloading, say, the Mint 16 live DVD, using that to boot your machine and then see if it can find the camera.

Could also be worth checking to see if the camera is listed in the Windows device manager at all, either as a camera or as an unknown device.

James

I suggest that you try every USB port you got on your computer to see if you get any success. Also try to reinstall the driver. Plug your webcam in and out a few times as well.

Archived