Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi from me

samg

Hello folks,

Just joined this site, because I need major help. I have just a received an "ORBITOR TS3000" Telescope and I don't know what to do, as there was no documention with it. I assume there is somebody here that could tell me how to use it. I am new to all this, even though I have had an interest all my life. Any info that you can pass on to me would be appreciated.

Thanks all

Welcome Samg!

I've been hunting for some info on this scope, but there is not much around; which, I'm afraid to say, does not bode well.

I found some posts on a US forum that says the mount is not up to much and the eyepieces will be basic budget ones.

When you say 'new' to all this, how new?

Do you know if the scope is a refractor or reflector??

We'll get there, don't worry - in the meantime, feel free to scoot around and read :lol:

Hello folks,

Just joined this site, because I need major help. I have just a received an "ORBITOR TS3000" Telescope and I don't know what to do, as there was no documention with it. I assume there is somebody here that could tell me how to use it. I am new to all this, even though I have had an interest all my life. Any info that you can pass on to me would be appreciated.

Welcome to the forum samg

What type of scope is it? is it a refeactor with a glass lens at the front of it, or a rflector with a mirror at the bottom?

Does it have a tripod and if so is the top of the tripod a simple flat top or does it have a funny looking top that sticks out?

If you can get a photo that would help a lot

Thanks

Hi Sam and welcome to the forum.

Have had a quick look around the net and from what I can gather the Orbiter series is a make of budget telescopes. The general view seems to be that the scopes are sound but the eye pieces and mounts are a bit ropey. What this means is that it will be difficult to keep objects in your field of view as you try to track them or adjust your focus. All is not lost however. I recently revived a very budget Prinz 60mm refractor which is now deemed to "not a serious telescope" and have enjoyed great views of the moon, mars, saturn and some of the brighter deep sky objects.

have you managed to put it together! This can be harder than it sounds :lol:

Just ask away and don't feel embarassed :lol:

Martin

Hello Everyone

Sorry for the delay in thanking you all for your responses - could not find my camera

here are some photos of my telescope

BTW - it was not in a box when I received it and it was given to me assembled

image.jpg

Hi Samg,

Its an entry-level scope that is sold under a variety of names. It should give reasonable views of the larger and brighter objects such as the Moon and open star clusters like Pleiades and the Beehive. Its 3" aperture and spherical (rather than the better 'parabolic') mirror make it unsuitable for high magnification views of planets and deep-sky objects.

Hope that helps,

Steve

PS: The finder scope is fitted backwards :lol:

Archived