1912116577_Solarchallenge2022banner.jpg.913a200cf105ddeae9f37765cb1d0c73.jpg

International Astronomy Show IAS 2014

lennylovit

Sorry to hear that Mike, will you try again tomorrow.

Good luck Helen, if you make it maybe you will let us know how you got on.

Pat

No, we are expecting visitors tomorrow,  so my wallet can rest easy.  :grin:

I did make it eventually (a very nice run actually, sunshine and no rain!).  Only managed to catch Lenny :smile:  That camera is lovely, you'll have great fun with it!

Nice time chatting to a few non-Welsh Group people :smile:  Picked up a secondhand set of wheely bars for my EQ6AZGT to save me staggering across the patio with it (hoping they will fit through the shed doors!!).  Also a little Orion Optics 130 reflector for £30.  It was so cheap because it had a bent focuser shaft, but I've just replaced that with one from the vixen focuser (removed as part of my PST Mod a while ago) and it works OK.  The optics look fine, so I'm hoping it'll be a nice little grab and go on my alt az manual mount :smile: 

Mike had been fancying the Vixen 2x binos, so picked up a set for him too.  He's happy - even if he does look like a bushbaby when using them!!!

And it was nice just wandering around, looking at kit etc  Much more relaxed than Astrofest, and a nicer journey too.  Next time I'm going to book in for a few talks too.

Helen

I bought some baader solar film. Big spender! The televue and explore scientific eyepieces kept shouting at me but resisted. Didnt realise there was a solar viewing area until i read the programme when i got home. Doh...

• Like 1

I've just removed the mirror for a quick look and as I suspected its not a 130 Orion Optics scope but a 150 and Hilux coating too - very happy! It might be worth putting a new focuser on it

Helen

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.