Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Intro

MattJenko

Afternoon.

I am a late starter into the skies above. Which is a little curious given my fondness for all things physics/maths. And it was my wife who got me on the path upwards. We recently purchased an entry level Pentax DSLR for her to learn fashion photography, as she is already a maek-up artist, and while that holds no real interest for me, I thought I would turn my hand at Astro work to learn about it. As well as doing an online optics course from MIT, I did some research and purchased my first telescope: an Astromaster 130 EQ. After my first viewing of Jupiter and its moons, I am hooked.

I have joined the North Essex Astro Society and have been to the Munday-Sayer observatory a few times and can safely say that I feel very welcome and can see myself doing this and spending money relentlessly for years to come.

Cheers

Matt

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived