SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Looking forward to clear spells tonight what about you?

The Met office is forecasting clear skies between 20:00 and 00:00 here then partially cloudy till morning im just hoping this is the one in a million chance theyre actually correct :D

How is your forecast for tonight and what are you hoping to see?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Met office is forecasting clear skies between 20:00 and 00:00 here then partially cloudy till morning im just hoping this is the one in a million chance theyre actually correct :D

How is your forecast for tonight and what are you hoping to see?

hope your right romx, track anything down except the moon

It's clear at the moment, and the forecast is for it to stay that way ( SE Essex ).

I expect to set up before dusk to allow cooldown.  First up will be Jupiter in the twilight. Way past its best, but not too bad if we catch it before it sinks too low in the west.

No satellite events until 02.41 BST ( Io transit ) but Jupiter will be setting and I'll be in bed.   The GRS transits at 20.22 BST when it will be too light, so I'll just observe the belts & moons.

On these light evenings with a bright moon rising I'll enjoy some double stars, then probably Mars, then Saturn just past opposition.

The faint stuff will have to wait for the moon to get out of the way, or Autumn.

I'm a bit of an addict if it's clear, and whatever the conditions just enjoy being outside.  Hope you can do the same  :smiley:

Regards, Ed.

Was up until 3am last night observing, then until 4.30 with the baby so I'll be giving it a miss tonight. Hope you get clear skies. Mars and Saturn are great at the moment, plus there are plenty of nice doubles around which don't get affect by the moon as much.

Cheers,

Stu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you guys think you have viewing problems, take a look at this view looking SE from my backyard. Lol!  :BangHead:

This is pretty much what I've got unless I feel like loading a 5' 75 lb scope in the truck bed and driving 30 miles out of town!

I can't believe the light pollution doesn't interfere more with an aperture this large.

post-36796-0-83515300-1400178575_thumb.j

Sat in the conservatory looking at thin scattered cloud here.

Not much chance, just enough to put a stop to it.

Can't moan though been out 2 nights on the trot!

On another note being my 1st full year, I have never noticed before just how bright it stays at night now.

At 11pm I could still read the lense size without a redlight, just light from the moon.

Quite clear here, sadly Saturn isnt giving me any good views right at min and Jupiter is behind trees :( so im just generally enjoying the stars :)

If you guys think you have viewing problems, take a look at this view looking SE from my backyard. Lol!  :BangHead:

This is pretty much what I've got unless I feel like loading a 5' 75 lb scope in the truck bed and driving 30 miles out of town!

I can't believe the light pollution doesn't interfere more with an aperture this large.

attachicon.gif10337446_10203367519922218_491018293_o.jpg

I'm not familiar with this constellation...very bright though. 

Must be one of those n.american ones ;)

got some really clear views of saturn and some moons, the sky is filled with stars tonight what an enjoyable night it turned out to be :)

Turned out cloudy here too but surprisingly that helped my view of Mars just about got the 10mm super to focus with a 2x Barlow enough to see some detail which i was not able to do or see on a clear night so again turned out a good start to tonights stargazing :)

Archived