Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A few hours with some new toys

Daniel-K

not really had much chance to get out with work and i very rarely observe from home but with the chance of trying out my new toys i couldn't resist pulling the scope out last night. Although the moon wasnt hunting down elusive fuzzies but instead enjoying the globs and solar system wonders.

I had bought a Televue X2 Barlow from Mike73 the other week and my 14MM Delos has been stuck in the case since i bought it last month. I have also been lent a parracor type1 (lucky me :D )

Mars was nicely positioned from my garden and i dove straight in after collimation and cool down time with the barlow & 14MM Delos. Shocked to say the least the surface detail was shockingly good dark patch's all over the the face of the planet. i dont know what they where so if someone could tell me what they was or tell me where i can find out.

After spending some time on Mars i decided to give the Parracor a try with the 24MM Panoptic which was first light for this aswell. This gave lovely views around cygnus and the parracor really does deliver on performance.

M3- I love globs and being bright i thought i would see what i could get out of a the 14MM Delos Barlowed. it gave me around x228 and boy what a sight completely resolved to the core floating across the FOV. These Delos barlow really well and the FOV doesnt lose much.

Saturn- working on the success of the barlowed 14mm i tried it saturn but it seemed too much so i tried the 17.3mm delos and that gave me a stunning view. The rings are placed in a really nice position with the cassini divsion clearly on show & the blue band around saturns surface was nice to see, its been 2 years since ive looked at saturn, well missed.

Cant wait to get out to my dark spot with these new bits of equipment and no moon

Dan

I NEED ONE!

haha did coma really bother you before or was it just that you prefer it with the Paracorr?

I had one when I first got my 16" but sold it because coma really wasnt a problem. Looking forward to Dobfest 2 and maybe trying someones Paracorr. Maybe it was worse than I thought, maybe not?? :)

Nice one Dan.

This was Mars at 10pm last night, without and with Labels.

Valles Marineris is visible at the moment, I've never knowingly seen it so will have a go tonight.

jebape4y.jpg

enemu9aj.jpg

Cheers,

Stu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I NEED ONE!

I expect once you have watched with a coma corrector ( I haven't personally but I know I want one)  it is one of those things where that would be the reaction for many observers in faster Newts < f/5 anyway, and possibly even f/5 to f/6 I have a feeling.  Many will say coma is fine and within tolerable levels,  but I also feel it is largely because it is what they are used to, only to see it without coma and then realise how they clean up the view. 

I expect for off axis planetary details it will help too I get the impression based on drifting with my own eyepieces., though something like the TV Radian/pentax works well across the FOV, I suspect I would still see a bit of an improvement in sharpness detail having used them a while now off axis with a CC. That may be slightly offset by on axis contrast loss with al the extra glass, but that is something I would have to test and see how much it is the case.

Archived