Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

West Dorset / East Devon / South Somerset?

Myopicus

Hi all, 

I was wondering if there were any members in the W Dorset / E Devon / S Somerset areas that might be up for an occasional meet?

The New Forest is 1hr + away from me. Devon meets tend to be about 2hrs + drive away. Somerset 2+ hours drive.

These hinterland borders regions are mostly quite dark (what with it being Wessex, and all that) so I was kind of thinking of a slightly more local meet and social?

Any takers?

Best wishes, 

Mace    :smile:

How about Exmoor Mace? I guess thats thats a little further for you again but theres some pretty good skies there. :)

Hiya Mike.

It's not so much a dark skies issue as travelling : 4 hour round trip + viewing + young family = not that likely to happen.  :sad:

Hence I'm angling for some locals that might be up for a splinter faction!

Next time I'm down your way tho, I'll drop you a line. Cheers for the suggestion.  m

How about a visit to see us at the Norman Lockyer Observatory in Sidmouth, East Devon? http://www.normanlockyer.com/

Would love to!  Was planning on coming along to the SW Astro Fair in August, but I think you've just enticed me to visit sooner!   :smiley:

(I'm sure I've got a what's on in Devon brochure with your events lurking around here somewhere . . . )

Archived