SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Greetings from Byron Bay Australia

neonblade

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Neonblade, a warm welcome from me in Blighty, that's a great scope you have there, they all come packed with clouds, I am afraid!

It's now been 4 weeks and I've had 30 minutes of good sky. The sky was crystal for about a month solid before I bought the scope :-)

• 1 month later...

Welcome to the forum. You've learned your first lesson. (or so it seems)  Get new scope=Rain and/or overcast.  :)

Yes, in my case nearly 7 solid weeks of it, finally rewarded by some great views of Saturn, Mars and Moon

G'day mate and welcome to sgl from an (ex) Sydney sider now living in the uk. Trust me mate, you've got nothing to worry about regards cloud. If you don't believe me, just read the "when will this weather end?" thread...it's been going for months :). Beautiful part of the east coast your living too by the way.

Well, it's paradise, but I call it home

Greetings neonblade and welcome to SGL! Seems like everyone's having cloudy skies right now. There's only been a few clear nights here in VA since I got my scope several months ago. Can't last forever though and when it finally clears, I think we'll all end up sleep deprived trying to take advantage of some good seeing conditions. Congratulations on your new scope - it sounds like a good one!

Greetings neonblade from Wollongong Australia :).

Enjoy your time here.

Yea since you are a coastal dweller like me you will expect the pain of the ever present water cycle causing substantial amount of cloud cover.

Greetings neonblade from Wollongong Australia :).

Enjoy your time here.

Yea since you are a coastal dweller like me you will expect the pain of the ever present water cycle causing substantial amount of cloud cover.

Don't ya just love that great dividing range :). to be fair though you just don't know what cloud cover is down there.

Archived