Narrowband

Hi all, Neil in Devon

Hutch 88

I'd just like to say hi to everyone and thank you for a great site.

I've always had a tendency to look up on clear nights, and when I was offered an unused celestron am 130eq for a reasonable sum I jumped at it.

I've been checking the site for a couple of weeks and I'm astonished at what goes on behind the scenes so to speak.

Being a newbie I thought you bought a scope and....... Well pointed and looked.

But I have to admit the science involved and associated with stargazing is mind blowing (in a good way)

Well thx for reading and hope this isn't just a fad on my part and I can delve a little deeper.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heya Neil and welcome from Norway  :smiley: .

I have learned alot from SGL, and since the weather has been awful I`ve spend more time in here than planned.

Never be afraid of asking any questions, I`ll guarantee other members are wondering about the same thing.

Rune

Hi, Neil, and welcome to SGL!  If you haven't done already I can recommend the free planetarium 'Stellarium' which many on here use to both find objects in teh night sky, and use for planning a viewing session. It's customisable for both location and for individual scopes - giving an idea of what you should be able tosee through your eyepiece. Downloadable here: http://stellarium.org/

Hope that helps,

Martin

Thx for the additional welcomes, very friendly site.

Welcome from me to. I used to live just over the Tamar Bridge in Cornwall; worked at Derriford Hospital in Plymouth, but moved back to Kent (Big big mistake!!) : I remember much better skies; well, when the low cloud and mist wasn`t rolling down from over the Moors!!  Anyway, enjoy SGL....I find it quite therapeutic (I need Therapy!) :rolleyes2: 

Archived