KSON ED & APO Scopes

At first glance, they look nice. I like the coloured carbon fibre. But... on looking closer, for all the stats on paper sound good, they are a little bit vague. What sort of glass type is used?

They seem to have a variation of the TS Monorail focuser. Some like that and some don't. Depends how well it is put together and adjusted I suppose.

If the optic is good, it might be a worthwhile scope to tinker with, but although the price is good people probably won't chance them if they can hold out for a Meade 5000 triplet or a TS triplet or doublet of similar aperture with a more established track record.

I'd like to read a review if one is out there...

Ant

At first glance, they look nice. I like the coloured carbon fibre. But... on looking closer, for all the stats on paper sound good, they are a little bit vague. What sort of glass type is used?

They seem to have a variation of the TS Monorail focuser. Some like that and some don't. Depends how well it is put together and adjusted I suppose.

If the optic is good, it might be a worthwhile scope to tinker with, but although the price is good people probably won't chance them if they can hold out for a Meade 5000 triplet or a TS triplet or doublet of similar aperture with a more established track record.

I'd like to read a review if one is out there...

Ant

I found an even smaller font.

I have one. It uses FPL51, so there is a little colour- to be expected at f/6- but really surprisingly little.

Mine has great optics, I can split the DD at just over x60, see the Cassini Division clearly at x80.

It also gives great widefield views.

What is more it is short (around 20"), incredibly light (2.7lb for the OTA) and has a really stable focuser.

I ditched my Megrez 90 in favour of this scope.

I use it alot more than my 6SE and 8SE.

It is also a great travel scope- highly recommended!

I have one. It uses FPL51, so there is a little colour- to be expected at f/6- but really surprisingly little.

Mine has great optics, I can split the DD at just over x60, see the Cassini Division clearly at x80.

It also gives great widefield views.

What is more it is short (around 20"), incredibly light (2.7lb for the OTA) and has a really stable focuser.

I ditched my Megrez 90 in favour of this scope.

I use it alot more than my 6SE and 8SE.

It is also a great travel scope- highly recommended!

thanks for the info been hunting round to find out about theses as thought they look great, but wasnt sure on the glass in it, wetted my appetite a bit more, use to have a evostar90 so use to a nice purply coloured view on bright stuff, and if this shows a lot less like you say be idea.

regards

john

Archived