sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_annual.thumb.jpg.3fc34f695a81b16210333189a3162ac7.jpg

Hi from Seaton

jerry

Hi to all,

I've recently upgraded to an LX90 8" from an ETX125 (the guy in the shop recommended this forum).- Last night was my first try with my Meade LPI with the new scope - pointing at the moon - OK the photos I got were not great but were a vast improvement on the ETX photos I had taken previously.

post-12800-133877318053_thumb.jpg

post-12800-133877318058_thumb.jpg

The South west crew are in the majority now.

Need a SW star Party :lol:

Top shout

Perhaps we should start a SW roll call thread to aee how many of us there are, and to guage interest.

Oh and hi Jerry,

isn't the Norman Lockyer observatory your way, perhaps a tour round there would be a good start to a meet and a couple of hours observing.

Top shout

Perhaps we should start a SW roll call thread to aee how many of us there are, and to guage interest.

Oh and hi Jerry,

isn't the Norman Lockyer observatory your way, perhaps a tour round there would be a good start to a meet and a couple of hours observing.

Excellent idea.

Look out guys they'll be calling us the "Soft Southern Shandy Observers" Next!!! :lol: :lol:

Greg - Just up the road from Seaton. Nr Tiverton.

Thanks Steve - I am looking into getting one of those.

For MartinB - I looked at Jupiter one very misty early morning and the big difference between the SCT and the ETX was the Jovian satellites - through the ETX they were little dots, with the SCT they seemed much brighter (it could have been the mist I suppose - but I hope further viewings will produce similar results). Does anyone here belong to the Norman Lockyer Society?